Monday, May 16, 2011

Nicole's Wallets!

I work with a sweet friend of mine who is leaving in a couple months to serve in Ecuador as a Program Director for this awesome organization, Manna Project International. She has been creating hand-made burlap/fabric wallets for years for herself, but is now selling them to raise money for her 13 months in Equador. I'll let her tell you about the rest. This is a great cause, and these make great gifts!

Nicole's Words:

In order to combine a hobby with a necessity, I am selling some handmade creations in order to help with fundraising for a 13-month commitment in Ecuador with the international nonprofit, Manna Project international. What you see in the pictures below are examples of large burlap wallets I make by hand. This wallet has been my favorite accessory for the past 4 years of its existence, hands down. The wallets are made of a variety of different, beautiful, and complementing patterns and materials; the outside of the wallet can be tan or brown burlap – whatever your fancy; the embellishments vary by wallet, and this incredible piece of handiwork is held together by a single sturdy tie – all different to ensure uniqueness! Since this wallet found its way into my life, I have laid down the purse, and embraced the clutch; however, should you like a strap or being hands-free, it is also small enough to fit in any conventional purse!


I had hopes of opening an Etsy store just for these wallets after college, but that might have to wait a year. I hear shipping from Ecuador is a killer. In the meantime, I will be selling these wallets throughout the summer in order to raise funds for my trip. So stock up on presents for yourself and others before these are unavailable for a year!!

Each wallet costs $35. Any donations above and beyond are very much appreciated. Please contact me on Facebook (Nicole Hamilton) or at hamiltoncn@mail.lipscomb.edu with any questions and orders!






You can also contact me through our Found&Found email, commenting on this post, or via Twitter if you'd like to have Nicole make you a wallet! She can make all shapes and sizes - help send her to Ecuador!


No comments:

Post a Comment